See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
On the edge of North Shoeburyness, an attractive collection of cottages has been sympathetically restored as the Angel Inn. This historic listed timber framed structure dates from circa 1650 and was formerly the North Shoebury Post Office and Blacksmiths shop. The adjoining thatched Wheelwrights which eventually succumbed to the Elements in the mid 1920?s is now the site of the new restaurant addition. Together with the neighbouring antique shop and cottages these buildings were until recently on the register of historic buildings at risk but have now been painstakingly restored by the present owner and licensee and given a new role as the Angel Inn. It is a traditional country pub, with flagstone floors, quality furnishings and soft background music, which allows for easy conversation. It has a traditional country style bar with an open fire in the winter months, where you can enjoy a variety of up to 4 real ales, Guinness, draught lagers or bottled beers.